Mac spoofing/changing TL-WA850RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-08 21:31:24
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey, i just bought this adapter, i need to change the mac because my network administrator only allows me to use one.

I asked the seller if it was possible, he said it was. Now i don´t find an option to do so.

Is it even possible? If yes i would be glad to hear how to do it.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Mac spoofing/changing TL-WA850RE
2017-08-09 16:52:19
No way to change the mac. Mac address likes personal ID. Every network device has its own mac and can't be changed because it is inside the chipset.
If your TL-WA850RE has a green web UI, can you setup it to Universal Mode, the repeater and the clients connects to the repeater will all share the same Mac address.
Otherwise you will need to return it and get another one which support 3 address frame .
Do you have your own router or you only have wifi access to the router?
Options
2017-08-10 00:33:17

Anton L.Z. wrote

No way to change the mac. Mac address likes personal ID. Every network device has its own mac and can't be changed because it is inside the chipset.
If your TL-WA850RE has a green web UI, can you setup it to Universal Mode, the repeater and the clients connects to the repeater will all share the same Mac address.
Otherwise you will need to return it and get another one which support 3 address frame .
Do you have your own router or you only have wifi access to the router?

Thank you for your answer.
I saw in older versions that faking another MAC address was possible. But now this seems to be over.

It´s alright i found another solution, i can use it as repeater so the main router deals with the devices like they were directly connected. So i can spoof the addresses on the devices themselves.

My main problem was that i only had LAN access to the router and needed a Wifi signal, and that only one of my devices is activated by the mac filtering, which is why i have to spoof it to avoid social interaction.

The only issue i have right now is how to do this on a Windows 8 wireless card, but that does not belong here, i guess.

Thanks.
Options
2017-08-10 19:33:54
If your TL-WA850RE is V2, you can setup it to be an access point.
That will be perfect if you can find way to spoof the mac addresses.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1204

Replies: 3