WA701ND (EU) 2.0 firmware lock problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-09 15:11:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I'm trying to load official firmware v17.0 or OpenWRT on this AP (WA701ND (EU) 2.0, firmware version 16.9) and getting the following error for both:

"error code: 18005 Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name."

I also have a (US) 2.3 version of this AP which already comes with the 17.0 firmware and has no trouble loading other firmwares on it.

Is there any known way to unlock this AP to load another firmware? I even tried using serial connection by soldering but it doesn't stop the uboot sequence when I type "tpl". And it doesn't request firmware file over tftp when I press reset button. Are there any tp-link staff here to send me a special firmware to unlock this?
Options
2 Reply
Re:WA701ND (EU) 2.0 firmware lock problem
2017-08-09 17:39:54
All TP-Link products will be only provide EU and US firmware according to FCC and CE regulation if there will any update.
These firmware can only update to EU or US firmware accordingly and can't be downgrade to UN firmware or third party firmware.
There is no other way to unlock this.
Options
Re:WA701ND (EU) 2.0 firmware lock problem
2017-09-14 23:13:33
ok .... but please .... at least release a firmware version that does not have continuing problems with the wi fi!

Thank you !
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 872

Replies: 2