Archer VR600 stops wif with no LAN access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-10 20:47:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,
I am using a VR600 (H/W version 1) with 3G/4G only connection. I find that after ~ 2 days, it does not accept a wifi connection anymore: devices see the unit, but it is as if the wifi password changed / is not recognised.
I tried accessing through a LAN port and the router page (192.168.1.1) is also not available.
Switching the router off and back-on brings everything back to normal. Since the system log file is in volatile memory only, I cannot browse back to see what happened.

Any ideas on how to approach this or is a faulty unit? There was no power surge on the unit as it runs off a UPS.
I have noticed that I get "please enter the DNS address" on the 3G operation from time-to-time, even though it is filled in, but this may be an unrelated problem.

Thanks,
Johann
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer VR600 stops wif with no LAN access
2017-08-11 14:52:10
Normally how many devices were connected to the router?
When the router freeze , was there some device downloading or streaming?
You may try this beta firmware, http://support.tp-link.com/f/06c415840e/?dl=1
This beta firmware is used to solve the freezing issue.
Options
Re:Archer VR600 stops wif with no LAN access
2017-08-14 13:59:00
Hi there,
3 LAN connections and 1-2 wifi connection. There is a fair chance one of the wifi devices was downloading at the time, but no streaming. I will try the beta out
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 644

Replies: 2

Related Articles