New Release of Solution: The Deco system becomes unstable after a firmware upgrade (170725)

New Release of Solution: The Deco system becomes unstable after a firmware upgrade (170725)

2017-08-11 09:09:02
Dear Customers,

Recently we get several feedback that the Deco system cannot work reliably in some cases after upgrading the latest firmware version ( 1.1.2 Build 20170725 Rel. 55542).

The phenomena vary from different conditions, it can be that the LED lights on the additional units will turn blinking red sometimes / LED control won't take effect / wifi connection is intermittent.

We sincerely feel sorry for the inconvenience caused by the update.

However, we have struggled on this case and located the issue.

Solution:
Now the new release is available on the Deco app. Please tap the Settings icon at the bottom right corner, then tap Update Deco to upgrade your Deco system.
New version: 1.1.3 Build 20170810 Rel. 49771

If the issue remains at that time, please don't hesitate to feedback to us on the Deco app.
How to feedback: Launch the Deco app, tap the " " icon at the upper left corner, tap Help -> Email Us.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Options
19 Reply
Please help
2017-08-12 20:44:16
Because of the firmware, I now have only one Deco unit and no mesh network. The instability of the firmware and Android app is unacceptable at this price point - I'm losing confidence quickly in TP-Link's ability to deliver a stable product.

Please advise how I can get internet to the devices in my home while we wait for the fix in an unknown number of days.:mad:
Options
Re:New Release of Solution: The Deco system becomes unstable after a firmware upgrade (170725)
2017-08-14 14:23:47

sdpfaff wrote

Because of the firmware, I now have only one Deco unit and no mesh network. The instability of the firmware and Android app is unacceptable at this price point - I'm losing confidence quickly in TP-Link's ability to deliver a stable product.

Please advise how I can get internet to the devices in my home while we wait for the fix in an unknown number of days.:mad:

Updates: New release is available. Please upgrade the new version and check if the issue still exists. Thanks.
Options
Re:New Release of Solution: The Deco system becomes unstable after a firmware upgrade (170725)
2017-08-14 23:51:19
Upgraded to the new version, because I need AP mode.

Now it's very unstable, or better said not working. I wish I never upgraded from the (for me) very stable 1.1.1 version
Options
2017-08-15 02:19:18
After today's update, nothing works. 1.1.3 can not access any device. Can not connect at all to my wifi. What should I do?
Options
2017-08-15 16:04:52
Hi guys, you may try to reset the deco and reconfigure it again after firmware update.
if the issue still happen, feedback to TP-Link.
How to feedback: Launch the Deco app, tap the " " icon at the upper left corner, tap [B]Help -> [B]Email Us .[/B][/B]
Options
2017-08-15 23:08:41

TP-Admin wrote

Hi guys, you may try to reset the deco and reconfigure it again after firmware update.
if the issue still happen, feedback to [EMAIL="support@tp-link.com"]support@tp-link.com[/EMAIL].

Should it really be necessary to reset everything? Not particularly user-friendly! What a shit!
A lot of work with 6 units scattered throughout the house !! Do not cool at all! How did you think about this?

Tried to reconfigure everything, no difference
Options
2017-08-16 03:11:50
I have the same (or a similar) issue... one unit just dropped from the network. Kept blinking red.... couple of restarts later its blinking blue again, still visible in the app but unreachable. Cannot remove it, cannot restart it because it is unreachable. I can go through setup again, find the unit but then it gets stuck on the 'testing connection' phase. This is not the first time this set has given me problems. After the previous firmware update it took me a complete weekend to get everything working again. I have one unit now that is not working, a part of my house (the part I bought the set for) without internet again and no clue what to do next. That is a problem to begin with, no logical troubleshoot options, no way to connect to any individual unit, no logging per unit, no nothing...Only the option to reset or restart a unit and nothing to look into to and now just a not working set...

I also don't really understand the 'feedback to support@tp-link.com' comments. What do you people at support expect to get as feedback besides that it's not working as it should? As said before, no way to troubleshoot anything so not much feedback to give besides frustration.

Really disappointed, frustrated and feeling like I wasted money on a product not delivering. I would not think twice if offered a refund.
Options
2017-08-16 16:43:04
Update:

Tried to add the failing unit again this morning while preparing a call to support. 3 times no luck. Checked deco firmware version again, checked android version again. All latest versions but... android app has failing graphics (same as when I bought the set which was resolved after some updates). So before calling support I tried it again with my iPad which charged over night. No luck... the first time. Second time it found my 3rd unit. I placed it in the same location so it magically replaced the non-responsive unit in the app.

I still am unsatisfied with the product as a whole but at least my kid has internet again. Not getting to exited yet, have to see how long it will last this time around.
Options
2017-08-17 05:13:12
Even I have the same problem. All lights are green but we constantly loose the wifi connection.I have upgraded to the latest, reconfigured and restarted - nothing works. When can we expect a solution to this?
Options
2017-08-17 17:37:07

Tengsjo wrote

Even I have the same problem. All lights are green but we constantly loose the wifi connection.I have upgraded to the latest, reconfigured and restarted - nothing works. When can we expect a solution to this?

Hi Tengsjo, to locate your problem, can you please provide us some information?
1.Will the issue happen on all your devices?
2.When the device loose wifi connection, do you still see the deco wifi name? If you can see it, is it still showing connected?
3.How often does the wifi lose connection? How does the connection reconnect? Do you need to restart the deco or will the connection come back automatically?
4.How many deco do you have? Are they connected with wifi or Ethenet cables?
5.Does the first Deco work as wireless router or access point?
Besides, please make sure the deco app version and deco firmware are the latest.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3113

Replies: 19