Archer C9 v2 firmware question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-16 12:09:52
Model : Archer C9

Hardware Version : v2

Firmware Version : 3.17.0 Build 20150708 Rel.61116n

ISP :

Hello, i recently updated my Archer C9 v2 firmware from stock to the latest version, but i hated that it removed the option for Bandwidth Control and left me with useless QoS option.
I need Bandwidth Control so i can control internet usage and not get high ping in games, QoS cant do that effectively, so i downgraded back to the original firmware.
What i would like to know is, to which firmware can i update before i get the Bandwidth Control option removed (I didnt have a particularly good experience with the original firmware, router freezes probably once a day, and then i cant access the configuration web page and i need to reboot it, and i think when i updated the firmware i got rid of that problem), that's if there's any upgrade possible, i feel like there is none, but im asking anyway, thanks!
Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer C9 v2 firmware question
2017-08-16 14:39:19
What's your current firmware?

The QoS function can control usage, just not very accurate on actual numbers.
You may double check the settings according the below instruction.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1104.html
Options
2017-08-16 21:34:20

Ada wrote

What's your current firmware?

The QoS function can control usage, just not very accurate on actual numbers.
You may double check the settings according the below instruction.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1104.html

Firmware Version: 3.17.0 Build 20150708 Rel.61116n
Hardware Version: ArcherC9 v2

QoS as far as i can tell, will only work if enough bandwidth is used, like watching videos or downloading stuff, playing games hardly uses anything compared to downloads at, in my case, 3.6 MB/s, so if im playing a game, QoS will not even notice i`m using any bandwith and wont prioritize me, i guess it would be useful when you watch a lot of videos, netflix and stuff, but it honestly does not work if you want to avoid having high ping while playing games, which Bandwidth Control is perfect for, it honestly should remain as an advanced option, i can't think of a good reason not to.
Options
2017-08-17 15:47:54
I find your current firmware is the oldest one. The last second firmware is of the new web design with QoS. So no other firmware for you to update now.
How do you tell the ping is high when playing games with a new firmware?
Is the game box connected to the router with wireless or an Ethernet cable?

You can send an email to support@tp-link.com. The engineers can help to locate the issue.
Options
2017-08-18 02:15:03

vieldcs wrote

I find your current firmware is the oldest one. The last second firmware is of the new web design with QoS. So no other firmware for you to update now.
How do you tell the ping is high when playing games with a new firmware?
Is the game box connected to the router with wireless or an Ethernet cable?

You can send an email to [EMAIL="support@tp-link.com"]support@tp-link.com[/EMAIL]. The engineers can help to locate the issue.

When i say my ping gets high, it's obviously not all the time, but if someone starts watching videos or downloading stuff, then the ping increases and QoS can't do anything about, but if i can control the bandwidth of other devices, then it's great.
I still don't know why they would remove the option tbh, it should remain as an Advanced Option, so you know, i cand get the latest firmware for my hardware, but look's like i cannot.
Options
2017-10-12 03:40:55
Same problem on my Archer VR600 modem we need Bandwith Control :(
Options
2017-10-12 18:14:52
their newer version only supports Qos not bandwidth control
Options
2017-10-14 05:11:35
Just bought a new Archer C9 and disappointed to find that they no longer support proper bandwidth limiting
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1153

Replies: 7

Related Articles