TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 11n problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-18 04:30:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I recently moved, in my old apartment I used a Asus RT-N66U router and the TL-WDN4800 in the computer end. In my new apartment, I use a Zyxel P8702N router, just because this is what is provided by the ISP.

In my old apartment everything worked perfectly, but in my new one, I can only use the 2.4GHz-band network provided by the router. The 5GHz I can't connect to, and using the troubleshoot-functionality in win7 does not help me. I also had some problems the first time connecting to the 2.4 band, but after doing the troubleshooting it found out something was wrong with the DHCP I think (knowledge of this stuff is limited, as you probably can tell by now).

However, all my other devices, apple TV, iphone, ipad, allplay-speakers can use either band, no problems at all. I suspect there is something wonky on my computer end, rather than the router.

What I've done:
Restarted the router several times, by turning off and on again, and by logging in and restarting.
Restarted the computer.
Repair driver, driver installs with error, but device appears in device manager.
Remove and install driver, still driver installs with error, but device appears in manager. See pic of device manager below.
Tried once to use IP, netmask and gateway-settings in use on 2.4ghz when connecting to 5ghz, then it says "internet access", but really there isn't, no pages load.

In addition; speedtest.net measures the speed on the computer (2.4 used) to be 5mbps/4mbps, while on the ipad using the 5GHz, I get 15/10, or better.

I think I will start using my RT-N66U anyways, but until I can get that it would be nice to have this network working properly, if possible.

Appreciate any comments or tips :)
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 11n problems
2017-08-18 17:07:49
when you setup static ip for the computer in 5Ghz, can you ping the gateway and 8.8.8.8? ( http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-425.html, how to ping)
Options
Re:TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 11n problems
2017-08-18 23:49:27
I can't seem to connect to the 5GHz at all now, it just pops up "Windows was unable to connect to the wireless network NAME", doing troubleshoot resets the network adapter, doesn't help, and asks to check router.

Can't remember what I did when I at least could connect to the 5GHz, though with no internet access.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 670

Replies: 2

Related Articles