Disconnection problem every hour for my extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-21 20:18:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, i have a range extender TL-WA854RE and i have problem with disconnection when i changed my network from Infostrada ADSL to Vodafone Fiber.
Every time i connect a device to the extender, i have exactly 1 hour, than it will be disconnected for some seconds, than reconnect.
I tried with different devices and it's with all devices, i also tried contact Vodafone support but can't help me.
What should i do?
Thank you.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Disconnection problem every hour for my extender
2017-08-22 14:12:33
was the RE led still lit? do you have the same issue with your home network? maybe unplug the extender for a while to test. or if you have created a separate network name for the extender, then you can easily tell which network drops. and always keep firmware updated.
Options
2017-08-23 17:51:55
Hi, i didn't see if the LED were on.
I give a separate network name to extender, so the problem is reduced because phones automatically connect to router and not again to extender when the extender disconnect.
The problem is in devices like xbox, that need completely reboot to reconnect..
How to update firmware of extender?
Thank you
Options
2017-08-25 14:36:01
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1406.html better contact tplink support if you don't know which firmware to upgrade to
Options
2017-08-25 17:34:31
I tried contact support but the voice in call say that isn't available so to contact forum...
Options
2017-08-26 00:06:32
Hi, i solved my problem by upgrading firmare.Thank you
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2494

Replies: 5