Performance issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Performance issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Performance issues
Performance issues
2017-08-24 01:47:35
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I just bought the set of three decos. I had a lot of problems with the setup, as the system kept prompting that the decos were too far apart, even though the distance between them was maximum 8 meters, with one wall in between. I finally got it sorted out, but now I am disappointed with the performance. The in-app speed test constantly gives me speeds close to 300 Mbps up/down, but from the devices I never get near that. 2 meters from the main deco I get speeds up to 200 Mbps, but 5 meters away (without any obstacles) I get under 100 Mbps. The other decos which are in other rooms give speeds at maximum 50 Mbps. Is this the performance that can be expected? Can I do anything to speed it up (connecting the satellite decos via cable is not an option).

Conclusion: I feel like I spent far too much money on these, unless someone can help me increasing their performance.

Thanks

Johan
Options
2 Reply
Re:Performance issues
2017-08-24 18:22:44
What's the speed from your modem? Try to test the speed of the Deco on speedtest.net website.
What's the firmware version of your Deco? There will be a newer firmware released next week, we can have a try.
Options
Re:Performance issues
2017-10-05 23:48:42

gandalf wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I just bought the set of three decos. I had a lot of problems with the setup, as the system kept prompting that the decos were too far apart, even though the distance between them was maximum 8 meters, with one wall in between. I finally got it sorted out, but now I am disappointed with the performance. The in-app speed test constantly gives me speeds close to 300 Mbps up/down, but from the devices I never get near that. 2 meters from the main deco I get speeds up to 200 Mbps, but 5 meters away (without any obstacles) I get under 100 Mbps. The other decos which are in other rooms give speeds at maximum 50 Mbps. Is this the performance that can be expected? Can I do anything to speed it up (connecting the satellite decos via cable is not an option).

Conclusion: I feel like I spent far too much money on these, unless someone can help me increasing their performance.

Thanks

Johan

Do you have any luck with this issue.
I feel we have the same issue. My ISP modem deliver more than 300mb of donwload speed using Wi-FI and all the DECO units can't go for more than 80mb of download speed. This is so frustranting for such priced product.
Options