PS3 can't access USB drive Archer C7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-24 10:09:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys. Finally updated my router to something modern. What I would like to be able to do is save files on the USB drive connected to router, and act as a network accessible drive for all devices including PS3. The PS3 is connected directly to router and can see the USB drive, but it has "folders" that aren't on the drive, and they are empty. I can access the drive from a windows 7 laptop through the mapped drive in Windows Explorer and Media Player just fine.
I have an Archer C7 v2, FW: 3.14.3 build 150520 Rel.44934n
Here is what the PS3 shows in the XBMC:

Another quick side question, I have to create all the folders on the USB drive plugged into a laptop and then connect to router, right? I can't seem to create subfolders on it, only SHARE via the router interface.
Thanks in advance.
Options
7 Reply
Re:PS3 can't access USB drive Archer C7
2017-08-24 14:55:09
What's the size and format of your USB drive? How many files in your USB drive? So you cannot see any file in your PS3 or just some files?
You should be able to create subfolders through the mapped drive in Windows Explorer.
Options
2017-08-24 19:50:42

flying snow wrote

What's the size and format of your USB drive? How many files in your USB drive? So you cannot see any file in your PS3 or just some files?
You should be able to create subfolders through the mapped drive in Windows Explorer.

There are maybe 50 photos in a folder called "Backup Photos" on the USB. It is a 2 TB portable Seagate drive, and it had some programs and folders already on it so I didn't format it, so whatever it came as out of the box. I know PS3 only recognizes FAT32 but that it when they are plugged directly into the PS3. I can see my PC hard drives, via PS3 media server, and stream just fine, and those are NTFS. When I tried to create a folder via the mapped drive in windows explorer, I got an error. I forget what (I'm at work) but it was similar to those "administrator required" pop ups, but no option to authenticate. My photos in my OP seem to be out of order too.

Last thing, there are no "Videos" and "Photos" folders on the hard drive, but they appear on the XBMC
Options
2017-08-25 13:53:58
some media servers automatically create some folders, like pictures, videos. did you run the computer as administrator? according to the error, you need to login the computer as administrator
Options
2017-08-25 21:08:22

flying snow wrote

some media servers automatically create some folders, like pictures, videos. did you run the computer as administrator? according to the error, you need to login the computer as administrator

I'm not too worried about creating folders remotely as I am getting the PS3 to 'see' the photos on the USB (network) drive on the router.
Options
Same Issue
2017-09-30 22:08:15
I have this same issue. Did you ever resolve it?

My PS3 shows "no media" for any file type, including jpgs.
Options
2017-10-05 17:35:54

fatherkang wrote

I have this same issue. Did you ever resolve it?

My PS3 shows "no media" for any file type, including jpgs.

Can you access those files via windows computer? how about the windows media player?
Options
2017-10-06 00:44:16

Shield101 wrote

Can you access those files via windows computer? how about the windows media player?

I am able to see the files from a computer. Regardless, the issue seemed to resolve itself, as without changing any settings, it seems to now work. The only thing that was different this time was I had Kodi sharing on the network also, and I wasn't able to access that share or the tp-link share at that time. When Kodi wasn't sharing, I could access tp-link. Doesn't seem like it should be an issue, but i thought i would share anyway.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1120

Replies: 7

Related Articles