AC3200 Wi-Fi Video Buffer Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-25 23:22:20
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've had my AC3200 for around 9 months. I have a problem where WiFi video playback predominately on mobile devices stops and begins buffering. Sometimes it will picks back up.. Sometimes it doesn't!

I have searched for a solution and found nothing.

Does anybody have a cure for this annoying problem?
Options
5 Reply
Re:AC3200 Wi-Fi Video Buffer Problem
2017-08-28 17:23:07
Have you changed any wireless settings? Is the wireless connection stable on your mobile devices? Sometimes video buffers due to low internet speed or unstable connection. I would suggest you change the channel on the router to avoid interference.
Options
2017-08-29 16:29:59

Shield101 wrote

Have you changed any wireless settings? Is the wireless connection stable on your mobile devices? Sometimes video buffers due to low internet speed or unstable connection. I would suggest you change the channel on the router to avoid interference.

I have changed some wireless settings but after turning on "Smart Connect" the options disappear so i am unsure if these options still matter while smart connect is turned on?

I have changed

2.4GHz - Channel - Auto Channel width - Auto
5GH-1 - Channel - 36 Channel width - 80MHz
5GH-2 - Channel 128 (DFS) Channel Width 20MHz

My only reasons for changing these options is trying to fix this problem using posts of similar problems on the forum.

Connection to the mobile devices seams stable.
Options
2017-08-30 11:10:05
If smart connect is turned on, changing channel does not matter. Could you turn off smart connect to see what happen? Does this happen on your computers? Make sure you have installed the latest firmware
Options
2017-08-31 15:22:05

Shield101 wrote

If smart connect is turned on, changing channel does not matter. Could you turn off smart connect to see what happen? Does this happen on your computers? Make sure you have installed the latest firmware

Turning smart connect off doesn't seam to matter.

My laptop is fine on wifi i haven't noticed any problems the symptoms only seam to be apparent on mobile devices (iPhone and iPad)
Options
2017-09-01 10:26:52
Install the latest the firmware. If the problem did not occur at the beginning, reset the router. Contact tplink support if problem not fixed.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 534

Replies: 5

Related Articles