Archer C20 Parental Control/Tether issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-29 13:43:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all;
I have set an on/off internet schedule for a few devices, add the MAC address for those devices. But, the system is not shutting off or turning on access at all. I have to actually turn it on and off manually (have been using Tether to do this part) but this is not sustainable. What do you think is up? Also, is it REQUIRED that I also insert a web address that is allowed to be accessed? I just want the internet to cut off at a certain time for specific devices, and access to go back on again at the specific time. Thanks in advance.

Alan
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C20 Parental Control/Tether issue
2017-08-30 13:38:13
What's the hardware and firmware version of your router? Some routers cannot set up parental control to block all internet, have to enter the web site address, otherwise none of the children computers can access internet. And check the system time of the router under system tools.
Options
2017-08-30 16:42:50
Can you screenshot your settings, black out the addresses, and post it here?
Options
2017-08-31 19:58:15
Thanks for any assistance! Here are the details:

Options
2017-09-01 05:01:02
Have you tried checking the box that says "Enable parental controls" (and adding your device as the parental one) or did you just remove that because it wasn't working? Also, it looks like you only have it set to happen on Wednesdays?
Options
2017-09-02 00:40:17
Hey, thanks for your response!
I have not tried adding a parental computer MAC address. I'll try that and see.
As for the schedule, it really doesn't matter what I set the schedule to. As soon as I click on the parental controls all internet goes off for the devices listed, And it doesn't come back on unless I click the parental controls switch off again. Sigh.
Options
2017-09-02 04:10:01
The link http://www.tp-link.com.mx/faq-1723.html states, "Parental Controls allows you to block inappropriate and malicious websites, and control access to specific websites at specific time for your children’s devices." So, it is apparently not meant to block all Internet access, just access to certain sites (such as to allow them to access the Internet for homework research, but disallow Facebook so they can concentrate on their homework). It seems you need to use the firewall settings for complete access on and off.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 597

Replies: 6

Related Articles