Why can’t I enable Remote Control on the Kasa app?

Released On: 2018-11-26 08:13:52Last update time: 2018-11-26 08:13:52

First we recomend you upgrade your smart home device to latest firmware. (click here)

Then troubleshoot based on the different error messages in the Kasa app.

1. If the error says “cannot connect to network” or “no network is available”

Usually this problem is caused by the firewall on the router and the port of smart device is being blocked.  We suggested that you disable the firewall on your router or, enable your router's DMZ feature.

2. If it says “it’s connected to other account”

This problem is because the smart device has been bound with another kasa account. If you previously set the device up on a different account log into that one and delete the device from that account.  If you forget what the previous account is, or this is the first time setting up the device, please contact TP-Link support with the serial number and MAC address of your smart home device.

3. If it says “local only”

Please going into the device setting and toggle Remote Control.  If the device will not enable Please make sure you are on the same local network and try again. (remote control can not be activated remotely) If you still have trouble, please contact TP-Link support with the serial number and MAC address of your smart home device.

Comment

Thanks for sharing amazing info.

BIUS

BIUS

BIUS

BIUS

Very helpful information the same problem my friend also having I will share this post with him. toughbook laptop price thanks to the writer

X12345678x

BTus

hffkkkcxg lmdsl

upload
    upload