Why cannot I find or connect to my wireless networks?

Released On: 2018-11-26 08:21:12Last update time: 2018-11-26 08:21:12

Note: Before you do these troubleshooting steps, please check whether the adapter you are using is the Archer T1U.  For this model, it only supports 5GHz networks. If the router you are using only provides 2.4GHz network, you will not be able to use the Archer T1U.

Q1: Can NOT find ANY available wireless networks

1)     See if your computer/device can detect any available wireless networks around.  If not, you will need to check the settings on your computer/device to make sure the wireless adapter is installed properly and successfully enabled. You can refer to these FAQs: WindowsMac for further details.

2)     Check whether the wireless switch is enabled.

3)     Check the PC’s services setting:   Go to Start and right click Computer. Select and click Manage. And Computer Management window will appear. Under Services and Applications, click on Services. Scroll down and select WLAN AutoConfig. Make sure it starts and set the Startup type into “Automatic”.

4)     Go to Control Panel->Network and Sharing Center, try to disable this adapter and then re-enable it.

5)     Contact the computer/wireless adapter/device’s support for help if necessary.

Q2: Can find other networks, but cannot find my wireless network

1)     Check the WLAN LED indicator on your wireless router/modem, and make sure it is on or flashing (based on your products opertation specs). Check Wi-Fi On/Off button and make sure Wi-Fi is enabled.

2)     Check whether you have disable the SSID broadcast on your router. If Hide SSID is selected, you will need to connect manually to your network.

3)     Make sure your computer/device is still within the range of your router/modem. Try moving closer if you are currently too far away.

4)     Check the wireless router settings: your Wireless Name, whether the Region/Country is selected correctly and wireless network is set to broadcast. Please contact your router’s support for help if you are not sure how to check router’s settings.

Note: Different countries have different laws about wireless channels.  For example, the USA allows 2.4GHz channel from 1 to 11, while UK allows from 1 to 13.  If you select the Region as UK or the Channel as 12/13 while you are in USA, your computer might not be able to pick up the signal. For more information, please click here.

Q3: I see my wireless network, but cannot connect to it

1)     Authenticating problem, password mismatch

Sometimes it will ask you to type in a PIN number when you connect to the wireless network for the first time. This PIN number is different from the Wireless Password/Network Security Key. Usually you can only find it on the back panel of your wireless router/modem.  If you cannot find the PIN or PIN incorrect, you may choose “Connecting using a security key instead”, and then type in the Network Security Key/Wireless Password.

If it continues on saying network security key mismatch, We suggest that you confirm the wireless password on your wireless router/modem. Please contact your router’s support for help if you don’t know how to confirm the wireless password.

Note:  The wireless password/Network Security Key is case sensitive.

2)     Windows was unable to connect to XXX / cannot join this network / taking longer than usual to connect to this network.

There are various causes of this kind of problem, such as:  The wireless signal is to weak, incorrect wireless settings on the router, or too much interference and problems with the wireless adapter. Try the following solutions:

a.     Check the wireless signal strength of your network. If it is weak (1~3 bars), please move closer to the router and try again.

b.     Check the wireless settings on the router. Make sure Wireless MAC Filtering or Access Control is NOT enabled. 

c.     Change the wireless channel of the router to 1, 6, or 11 (for 2.4GHz network) to reduce interference from other networks. Please contact your router’s support for help if you don’t know how to change router settings.

d.     Change the wireless channel width to 20MHz.

e.     Try to connect via WPS. Press the WPS button on the router and then press WPS button on the adapter. For more details, you can refer to FAQ-302.

f.      Re-install or update the driver for your wireless adapter of the computer. Please contact computer/wireless adapter’s support for help if you don’t know how to update the driver.

g.     Refer to FAQ 429 for more solutions. 

Comment

Thank you

Hello, World ! Wi-Fi

my Archer c1200 not let me in

upload
    upload