What should I do if the TP-Link network adapter is not working properly in my computer?

Released On: 2018-11-26 10:29:12Last update time: 2023-10-26 10:44:44

Case 1 Slow speed

Follow the steps in the following the FAQ found here

Case 2 Unstable connection

Step 1

Check Wi-Fi signal strength. If the signal is weak, try moving the computer closer to your router if possible.

Step 2

If your product is a dual band adapter you will want to check if the issue is on both bands or just one.

Step 3

Log into your router and change the channel and channel width to avoid possible interference.

Step 4

Update driver of the adapter.

Step 5

Contact TP-Link support with the results of the above testing.  We may ask additional questions to narrow the issue down.

Case 3 Cannot find wireless network

A. can't find a specific SSID

Change SSID/wireless network name and channel of your router (contact the router support if you don’t know how to do it).

B. can't find any SSID

Step 1

Enable your computer's wireless service.

Step 2

For Windows,

Enable WLAN AutoConfig (Windows only)

Step 3

Uninstall anti-virus software and disable firewall if any.

Step 4

Step 5

Contact TP-Link support with the results of the above testing.  We may ask additional questions to narrow the issue down. 

Case 4 Can't connect to Wi-Fi

Step 1

Make sure your router is working. Use other device like laptop or mobile phone to connect Wi-Fi and check the internet connection.

Step 2

Check Wi-Fi signal strength. Move the computer closer to your router or adjust wireless settings like channel and channel width on your router. Please contact your router's support to assist you.

Step 3

Step 4

Comment

Past one-week TP-Link network adapter is not working finally found this forum very helpful thank you for sharing step by step keep it. 

https://www.raybaby.us

Hi,

Recently I have started facing an issue with TP-link AC1300 T3U USB adapter. First of all, let me tell you that I have two TP-link AC1300 T3U USB adapters and two routers TP-Link Archer C6 and Jio Fiber router.

One of my TP-link AC1300 T3U USB adapter can detect and connects to Band 2.4Ghz but not able to detect Band 5Ghz of Jio Fiber router, whereas it can able to detect and connects both the Bands 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz of TP-Link Archer C6.

Again if I connect with the Second TP-link AC1300 T3U USB adapter then it can detect and connects to both the bands of both the routers.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

I brought my TP-Link AC1300 T3U 2 months ago.

I pluged it to my desktop PC. It starts overheating after running for few minutes.

I have to limit my download speed to less than 15MB/s with a 5Ghz 1Gbps wifi connection.

And it still building up heat. Is that normal? I don't think such a small electronic device would build up heat during use.

It seems it consumed and transfer so much power into waste heat like a heater.

Thank you

Hello, World ! Wi-Fi
upload
    upload