Cannot Make TP-Link Smart Devices Work with Google Home

Released On: 2018-11-27 07:35:07Last update time: Yesterday

Cannot Make TP-Link Smart Devices Work with Google Home

Note: This troubleshooting FAQ is for the device that is connected through Tapo/Kasa APP. For matter devices, please kindly check this FAQ

Case 1. Get error “No compatible devices” or some devices do not show up on Google Home APP

1. Check if the devices are available on Tapo/Kasa app. If not, please re-link them to the Tapo/Kasa app.
  2. Resynchronize devices to Google Home App by using a voice command, “Sync my devices”.
  3. Reset your devices and re-link them to Tapo/Kasa app. Then re-link the devices to Google Home.

How to reset Camera: Kasa | Tapo

How to reset Bulb: Kasa | Tapo

How to reset Plug: Kasa | Tapo

Case 2. Not Responding to Control Command Sent By Google Home App or Voice Command

Test if your Tapo/Kasa device can be managed by the Tapo/Kasa App.

• Remote Control: Third-party service requires Tapo/Kasa devices support remote management, which is enabled by default. Try to turn off Wi-Fi, switch on mobile data on your phone. Then, try to turn on or off the device on the Tapo/Kasa app, monitor if the device responds to your actions.
  • Local Control: Connect phone to the same local WiFi as the smart devices, disable mobile data. Check if they're controllable with Tapo/Kasa App, if not, check if the device has lost WiFi connection.

If there is a problem with Tapo/Kasa App control, it's important to check device's connectivity first. How to check and improve the network connection stability of Tapo&Kasa smart devices

Case 3. Get an error Oops! Something went wrong with the camera stream” when watching live stream of the Kasa/Tapo camera on Google Nest/Chromecast

1. Check if the live stream can be loaded properly on the Tapo/Kasa app when using mobile data only.

What should I do if I can't view the Tapo&Kasa camera?

2. Please place your Google Nest/Chromecast closer to your router to get better network connection if live video streams well on Kasa/Tapo app.

3. If there are other devices simultaneously viewing the camera, try disconnecting them before attempting to initiate the streaming request again on your Google device.

Comment

tplink42A8 aktivet 

tplink42A8
upload
    upload