Unable to connect to the Internet
When you first set up Deco, after going through the whole setup process on the Deco APP, sometimes it might end with an Error: Unable to connect to the Internet.
Normally, when you got this error, the LED on the main Deco will also turn red.
Here, we will help you to fix this issue.
1. Please Tap “Skip This Step” on the bottom of the error page.
2. Then make sure the smartphone is connected to the Wi-Fi you just created and go back to Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 to check whether there is a valid IP address here.
- If the IP address is 0.0.0.0, it is very likely that you might choose the wrong internet connection type. Please check with the internet service provider whether Dynamic IP or PPPOE is the correct one for you.
- If the IP address is not 0.0.0.0, please refer to this link to change the DNS server on the Deco: How to change DNS server settings on my Deco
3. After changing the DNS, if the LED is still red and also no internet service is available, please connect a computer to the modem directly, and check whether the computer has internet access.
- If the computer doesn't have internet as well, it is also suggested to check with ISP to see whether there is an internet outage.
- If the computer does work well, please refer to this link to manually clone the MAC address of the PC on the Deco: How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet
After the above troubleshooting, if you still have any issues, please start a new thread and provide us with more details.