Why can't I access the Internet after successfully connected to the TP-Link router's wireless network(MAC OS)?

Released On: 2018-11-27 08:01:37Last update time: 2018-11-27 08:01:37

Problem Description:

If you have set up the wireless router and successfully connected to the wireless network, but you cannot access the Internet, please try the solutions below:

Step 1:

Please check whether the Wi-Fi connection of your computer is under Using DHCP to obtain IP address and there is no manually configured DNS server.

If the IP is 169.254.xxx.xxx, please click Renew DHCP Lease to get IP address again. If you still do not get a proper IP, please make sure you have the DHCP function of your router enabled. You can login http://tplinkwifi.net through Ethernet cable to check and enable if necessary.

Step 2:

Log in the web management page of the router. Open the web browser and input the default access in the address bar. The default access is on the label of the device. Here we take http://tplinkwifi.net as an example:

Type the username and password in the login page, the default username and password are both admin.

Step 3:

After logged in, check the WAN part on the Status page, if it displays an IP address, then the router is successfully configured and connected to the Internet:

If there is no IP address, please check the physical connection or call Service Provider to check the line.

Step 4:

If there is IP address on the WAN part of the Status page, please open the Terminal on your MAC to check whether you can ping a public IP address (like 8.8.8.8). If you can not then, please release/renew the WAN IP address.

If you can, please check whether you can open any website. If not, the issue be may caused by DNS server. Please go to DHCP->DHCP Settings page and type in 8.8.8.8 for primary DNS, 8.8.4.4 for secondary. click Save.

Reboot the router:

Step 5:

After rebooted, please try the Internet again. If you still do not have a connection, please call or mail TP-Link for help.

Comment

Can anyone help me - I am a bit of a technophobe and I am unable to access my router to input the password

WR940N wifi router var alalı 2 sene oldu bu zamana kadar sorun yoktu şimdi internet veren ışık mavi yanarken kırmızı yanıyor reset attım tekrar kurdum yine düzelmiyor internet yok gösteriyor kablolardanmı diye düşündüm onuda degiştirdim sorun yine aynı bana yardımcı olurmusunuz

Thank you

Hello, World ! Wi-Fi

Thanks For Sharing  Why can't I access the Internet after successfully connected to the TP-Link router's wireless network In This Blog Please Like Our Blogs Too swhizz is the Best Software Training Institute In Hyderabad Which Provides Online/Offline Training With Hands-On Experience, and with 100% Placement Assistance, We Provide Courses Like Salesforce, DevOps, Python, Java, Mulesoft, Data Science. And Also We Provide Job Support.

Auxilioooo, cambié la contraseña del Router Inalámbrico y ahora mi Tp-link no conecta. ¿Cómo lo puedo configurar nuevamente, necesito cambiar la clave anterior?

Hi I can get wifi on 2 laptops but when i put in password to connect my phone it says incorrect password, what am i doing wrong?

Hello, i have an 4G router with this model: Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210803 Rel.55933n Hardware Version: TL-MR6400 v5 00000001 Latest Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210803 Rel.55933n from this link i can found there is a new update: https://www.tp-link.com/ae/support/download ... : 71211 - Failed to upload upgrade file. Please select the correct file. i tried bin file and zip file, but no different, my file name is this: TL-MR6400(EU)_V5_201207.zip Kindly please help me.. Thanks.

upload
    upload