Not Recording on Motion Detection

Released On: 2019-05-17 21:04:40Last update time: 2022-05-11 23:13:29

By default, the Kasa camera will be recording any motion and sending notification. If you are in a situation where the camera is not recording or you are not receiving notifications, view the suggestions below that aim to resolve that.

Camera is not recording motion

Open the Kasa app, tap on the camera name, and go to device settings (top right icon).

Go to "Privacy and Sensitivity", under privacy you should have "Record Video and Audio" selected. Make sure your sensitivity is set to any region to the right half of the bar. The further right you set it, the camera will become increasingly sensitive to record any motion.

Scroll down and look for the slide bar labeled "Record motion that lasts at least" set that all the way to the left. This will ensure that any motion at all will be recorded. If you set that to 3 seconds, then the object will need to be moving around longer than 3 seconds before motion is then recorded.

Select the top left arrow to go back, and now tap on "Activity Zones". You do not need to create zones, not having one means the entire screen will record motion, which is fine. If you created an activity zone, then motion will only be detected in that created zone.

Camera is recording clips, but is not notifying you

If motion is being recorded, go to the activity icon (bell shaped), and you will see the clips listed there.

To verify if the notification settings are correct go back into the camera settings and select “Notifications”.

If it is disabled, the ticker will be moved to the left which means the app will not notify you of motion is detected. To enable it, tap on the ticker and it will become enabled with additional options below. These options will give you the ability change the time you receive notification and the frequency of notifications.

Comment

hello my kasa cams (kc120) are not recording any activity, notifying me of any activity and i also can only veiw them if im on the same network... please help!

My KC120 does not record any motions or send me notifications. I can see in the app that ”activity is detected xx min ago” but nothing is recorded. How can I fix this?

”My KC120 does not record any motions or send me notifications. I can see in the app that ”activity is detected xx min ago” but nothing is recorded. How can I fix this?” 

I have the exact same problem! 

Hi! I have the same problem as matte_ante and MRM. Suggestions on how to fix this?! I have done everything you guys suggest in the faq but it still does not work. 

Same with me.  It recorded and notification were sent the first week but since then, nothing.  No recordings whether automatic or manual.

Notifications and recording work the first week but now there are no recordings and activity shows zero activity even though I can see motion in the live camera. Also can’t manually

My kc200 has stopped recording.  The light is solid green, however, no recordings - DAY 4.  help

NONE OF THIS helped...what else can we do...?

I have the same problem.... cameras only work on the same WiFi.... they do not record any activity or send any notifications!  WiFi is working properly and all settings seem to be correct??????

Motion no recording

upload
    upload