Customer QA Part I- Will Deco work with my ISP

Used Products:

Between fiber, fixed wireless, cable, DSL, satellite, and 5G home internet plans, there are plenty of internet plans available for your home. Sometimes, It would be a little bit confusing whether Deco is suitable for you and which one to choose.

The first thing is to check whether the hardware connection is well-matched.

I will take three models for example:

• Deco X20---Equipped with RJ45 Ethernet ports only.

So If there isn’t an Ethernet output for the internet around the house, you could not use Deco X20.
For many Fiber/Coaxial Cable/DSL services, there is already a pre-installed box with an Ethernet output, such as a Fiber ONT/cable modem/NBN box, in this way, Deco X20 could work properly.

+

• Deco X20-DSL---Equipped with RJ45 Ethernet ports and DSL ports.

Besides the internet connection types that Deco X20 supports, it could also connect to DSL cable directly without a separate DSL modem.
+or

• Deco X20-4G equipped with RJ45 Ethernet ports and Sim card slot

Besides the internet connection types that Deco X20 supports, it is compatible with cellular internet service. Deco X80-5G also supported a 5G mobile network.

+or

The second thing is about internet exclusiveness.

Such as if I subscribed to Starlink Satellite service, they would send a Starlink Dish as a router. So the router is included in the deal package.
It is very rare for an internet provider to limit the third-party routers and it is true that there would be some pre-configuration on their routers. So when you replace it with another router, it is always better to contact ISP to make sure customers could use their own routers and whether additional internet configuration credentials are needed.

The following details would be more specific:

1. Internet bandwidth

• Internet plan<100m/s, Deco E4/W2400 will be quite suitable.
  • 100m/s<Internet plan<300m/s, Wi-Fi 5 Deco is enough.
  • 300m/s<Internet plan<1G/s, Wi-Fi 6 is recommended.
  • More than 1G/s, Wi-Fi 6E is ready to go.

2. Number of online clients (normal network devices+ smart home devices)

3. Wi-Fi coverage

4. Advanced features, like Parental Control/Antivirus, etc.

To be continued……

I would love to see more users share their experiences so that I could find more details to complete my story.

Thank you very much.

Comment

upload
    upload
      Subscriptions