WR941ND successfully set as bridge but randomly stopped working after a few hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WR941ND successfully set as bridge but randomly stopped working after a few hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-06 15:08:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I successfully set up my router to act as a bridge to a Telstra Netgear modem. I was able to connect to the TP-LINK router wirelessly and then surf the internet, wirelessly, through my Netgear modem's wired cable connection. After a few hours use, I turned only the router off at the wall that evening, then when I turned it back on the next day, I have not been able to even connect to the TP-Link router again with any device, let alone get past that stage to access the internet... It simply will not connect so I cannot open up the settings page either.

Yes, DHCP is on, on the Netgear modem and turned off on the TP-Link router. I have also assigned the TP-Link router a new IP address of 192.168.0.11 which is within the Netgear's allocated range. I was able to switch between connections and use the relevant settings page for the connected router too.
I cannot find the original instructional article where I read someone's comment saying that the router will stop working within a few hours and I didn't read further to find out why as it was the only comment I had seen that stated a problem of that nature. Can someone please tell me why I can no longer even connect to the TP-Link router after having successfully established full connection previously and how I would go about fixing it so after I do reset it so I can access the settings url, this doesn't keep happening.

Thanks.
Options
12 Reply
Re:WR941ND successfully set as bridge but randomly stopped working after a few hours
2017-09-20 15:46:15
Is the router connected to the modem by cable or wifi? If it is by wifi, how far is it from the modem? Can you still connect to the modem's wifi and get internet? How about if you restart the modem and let them connect to each other?
If it connects to the modem by cable, can connect that same cable to your PC(which means connect the PC to the modem), do you have internet? Try restart the modem, use other ports on the router and modem, and try other cables as well.
Options
Re:WR941ND successfully set as bridge but randomly stopped working after a few hours
2017-09-22 16:59:00

Kevin SG wrote

Is the router connected to the modem by cable or wifi? If it is by wifi, how far is it from the modem? Can you still connect to the modem's wifi and get internet? How about if you restart the modem and let them connect to each other?
If it connects to the modem by cable, can connect that same cable to your PC(which means connect the PC to the modem), do you have internet? Try restart the modem, use other ports on the router and modem, and try other cables as well.

Great information, that helps me!
Options
2020-03-21 08:12:14 - last edited 2020-03-21 08:12:53

The sorts of the fatal disease is followed for the engagements. Paths of the field and essay writing companies is ensured for the reforms. Factor is done for humans. The fluctuation is opened for the citizens. Tale is reported for the caution of the life for all options for all humans and elements for signs.

Options
2020-04-25 07:18:28 - last edited 2020-04-25 07:20:13

@mela I cannot find the original instructional article where I read someone's comment saying that the router will stop working within a few hours and I didn't read further to find out why as it was the only comment I had seen that  
stated a problem of that nature. Can someone  please tell me why I can no longer even connect to the TP-Link router after having successfully established full connection previously and how I would go about fixing it so after I do reset it so I can access the settings url, this doesn't keep happening.

Options
2021-02-24 03:51:02

@elarcoiris 

google.com
this is something to really check out

Options
2021-08-12 09:15:45

Lean Six Sigma can prove to be very useful both for companies and for employees. However, you need to ensure its proper implementation before you can enjoy its benefits. Its because Lean Six Sigma involves numerous processes and principles that are to be implemented. It’s the reason why we’re here in Indiana.

lean six sigma indiana

Options
2021-08-28 10:30:51

nice post

Options
2021-11-05 09:46:22 - last edited 2021-11-05 09:47:01

Our goal is to make buying/selling a home, or getting a mortgage, as easy and stress-free as possible. Whether this is your first home or tenth, RealtyOffer utilizes the latest technology to connect you with top-rated certified and vetted agents. Completely free!

mortgage consultation

Options
2021-11-11 07:04:10
thanks for your share about this solution. I will contact and have a plant to use this service for my website: https://cookieclicker2.io
Options
2022-04-29 07:23:07 - last edited 2022-04-29 07:25:00

At YK Global, we provide affordable and reliable accounting services and solutions to our customers with excellence.Our goals are to assist our client’s business, to resolve complex transactions on behalf and to build confidence with up to date financial information. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2786

Replies: 12

Related Articles