TD-W8980 | VOIP Configuration - How to prevent network scanning and restrict VOIP traffic to my VOIP provider only?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W8980 | VOIP Configuration - How to prevent network scanning and restrict VOIP traffic to my VOIP provider only?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-26 08:54:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am getting "phantom" calls through my VOIP phone from numbers 100, 1001 etc. and have been advised by my VOIP provider the following:

Thank you for your email.

What you are experiencing, more than a 'SIP attack' is actually a network scan. Someone is directly scanning your network seeking to exploit any VoIP devices using port 5060. These 'calls' do not originate nor traverse the VoIP network, and as such, we cannot block nor control these connection attempts.

To prevent further scans, you need to secure your network restricting VoIP traffic to the network only. You should allow inbound connections to your phone only from the following network addresses.

I was then given 3 network addresses to allow.

Where and how would I go about doing this?

Supposedly it is in the firewall settings.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TD-W8980 | VOIP Configuration - How to prevent network scanning and restrict VOIP traffic to my VOIP provider only?
2017-09-26 16:02:35
Refer to this link and try firewall on the modem: http://www.tp-link.com.au/faq-467.html
Allow the 3 network addresses for your phone.
Allow all target for all of your other LAN hosts.
Choose deny for default filtering rules.
Then it should be OK.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1070

Replies: 1

Related Articles