TP-LINK TL-WA901ND - Internet Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-06 01:08:17
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

First time poster, so go easy.............

I have 2 x TL-WA901ND and I them both as Universal Repeaters connected to my BT Home Hub 5.

After a minute or so they both lose internet connectivity. I used the quick set up and ensured SSID and Passwords are exactly the same as the BT Router.

I have now just rest the router and both TP-Links to the factory settings and started from scratch, renamed them all, and the same issue occurs.

Any ideas, suggestions would be appricated.

Thanks

Baz

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-LINK TL-WA901ND - Internet Disconnects
2017-10-06 18:46:05
How far is it between the BT hub and the repeater? usually the repeater needs to pick up at least two or three signals from your hub, or the connection would be unstable or slow.

In addition, when you connect to the BT hub on other wireless devices, is it stable?
Options
2017-10-06 22:30:22

Shield101 wrote

How far is it between the BT hub and the repeater? usually the repeater needs to pick up at least two or three signals from your hub, or the connection would be unstable or slow.

In addition, when you connect to the BT hub on other wireless devices, is it stable?

BT hub located in centre of the house, with both repeaters located approx 15m away in either direction. When I switch them off I get 2 bars strenght from BT Hub on my iPhone.

If I connect a wireless device to the BT hub its stable.

Cheers

B
Options
2017-10-10 14:06:33
I think you can move the repeater closer to the router to test, or check for update of both repeater and router
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 882

Replies: 3

Related Articles