USB Storage causes router power off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-12 16:54:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys

Recently received a TP-Link Archer modem and am having issues when I connect my USB drive as a media server.

It has operated on my Netgear via USB as a media server for last 12 months without issue.

When connected to the TP-Link router, it operates fine if I add a couple of folders and enable their media server option.

But when I add one particular folder and enable media server, the router starts adding video files for a while, appears to stop after 25% are added, and later the router powers off! If I power on the router, the same problem happens.

I connected the drive to my laptop, checked for errors and bad sectors, everything reported ok.

Router model is Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 170630 Rel.49402n Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

external drive is Western Dig Black 4GB formatted to Ext3.

How can I diagnose the issue? I cannot see any log files added to the USB drive, only a media-server database file.
Options
1 Reply
Re:USB Storage causes router power off
2017-10-13 16:28:20
What if you format to NTFS to try? BTW, what's the model of your drive?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 318

Replies: 1

Related Articles