AC1750 LAN and Guest Network problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-23 21:16:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

I have an AC1750 router (Archer C7) which is located upstairs. And a NAS located downstairs (connected to the modem).

See the picture below:

Now we have an au-pair which wants access to the internet. We granted her that, but we don't want her to access our local network because their devices (especially their laptops) are a security risk which can be full with adware, spyware, etc, etc. So the solution was a guest network, which would exclude her from accessing the LAN. So when we connected our UTP-cables, we first tried the WAN-port (the blue port) and we had DHCP on. We had internet access on all the networks (one normal wi-fi connection, one guest wi-fi connection), guest network couldn't access our local network. Sounds fine. But I wasn't able to access the local network aswell (on both wi-fi and wired connections). So I tried to use the 1st LAN port, with DHCP turned off. Wired and Wi-FI connections had both internet and LAN access. Problem: Guest network didn't had internet access. Our last try was to put a switch between the modem and the router. We connected on both the WAN port, as the LAN port, with DHCP off. Wired and Wi-Fi connections had internet and LAN access, Guest network didn't work (We couldn't connect to it).

So we lost a bit of hope in here.

To wrap it up, we tried:
The WAN-port, with DHCP on.
[*]The LAN-port, with DHCP off.
[*]Both WAN and LAN ports at the same time, DHCP off

Without any result.

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance!
Options
1 Reply
Re:AC1750 LAN and Guest Network problem
2017-10-24 09:48:42
What's your router's firmware version and hardware version ?
As far as I know. the guest network is on a different network with the main network when connect to the WAN with DHCP on, suggest upload your settings page
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 1

Related Articles