Router/Modem prevents access to single website

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-17 05:06:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there, (first post),

I have a TD-W8968 v4 and have not had any problems until yesterday.

I have access (through cPanel) to a content management application for my local GP Practice website.

Yesterday, (all of a sudden), I could no longer access the site, (either wireless or LAN), via any of my computers, (PC, MAC Book, iPads & iPhones).

If I try my iPhone using 3G, no problems at all.

My inability to access the site includes the normal website (open to the public) and also the content management portal, (cPanel).

If I change my IP address, (via a VPN), I can access all the sites/pages as normal.

Can anyone shed any light on my problem?

Thanks in advance.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Router/Modem prevents access to single website
2017-11-17 15:57:46
Hi,
You can change the DNS server on the modem. So access to the modem's management page with http://192.168.1.1, and login with admin/admin.

Then go to Advanced Setup---DNS---DNS server, select Use the following Static DNS IP address, and enter 8.8.8.8 for Primary DNS server, click on Save. Then see if you can open that sites.

If still not working, try hard reset the modem to factory settings and reconfigure it.
Options
Re:Router/Modem prevents access to single website
2017-11-18 06:19:35
Thanks Anton,

The DNS idea did not work, I'll try and hard reset and report back tomorrow.

AJ
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 374

Replies: 2

Related Articles