[Archer D5] Lost wifi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-13 18:34:16
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

As i described on this thread, my 2 modems crash
https://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/showthread.php?t=2662515&page=51
I translate in english as better i can

i have 2 archer d5 in 2 homes with the same problem

HOME A
the D5 device is connected to a WIND infostrada 20M ADSL
i have the crash problem from 1 year, i had a tp-link change of product with a new one but the problem remain (1 year ago)

HOME B
Initially i had the same configuration of HOME A with same operator and i had not any problem of the home A.
Later, in home B, i passed to Fiber and i have added a modem VDSL first to the D5. No problems for some times.
In the first days of the 2018 i have in Home B the same problem of crash.

Initially i had 2 modem in 2 home with same configuration and same operator, so i thinked was a faulty D5 and not a provider problem.
Now i see the same problem with a direct connection to ADSL and passing trought a modem, so i think could not be the ISP provider but the error i seen in the log probaby are a cause of the imminent crash.
what i am doing today
HOME B: I try to change the DC adapter..
HOME A: in some forums i seen that could be a solution to turn off the 5Ghz... (but if i have to remove the 5ghz....i gone to buy a 30€ modem instead of a 90€!!!)

i seen many persons have the same problem in these days, could be connected with the security patch release for the "KRACK Wi-Fi Bug" discovered at the end of october and rolled out in these days for the android, ios,ecc....devices??
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 0

Related Articles