Language Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Language Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Language Support
Language Support
2018-03-30 16:36:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Thought I'd try here as well. Ran into an issue when I bought a Archer C3150 in Japan (I am an American expat living in Japan). As this is my 3rd TP-Link router and believing TP-Link is a Global company, I thought there would be an option for changing the interface language to English. Guess the programmers "forgot" there are more than just Japanese people in Japan.

While I can get by with my Japanese for basic setup and operation, Kanji and Japanese computer verbiage are not my strong points if I want to start delving in further.

I'm being told that the US firmware will refuse to load and if it did it would run at the wrong frequencies.

Just curious, is the US version limited to only English?
Options
6 Reply
Re:Language Support
2018-03-31 07:00:12
Facing the same problem.

I was on vacation in Japan and among so many options in the stores I opted for the Archer 3150v2 to test the brand because I never had a TP-Link router, I'm leaving an Asus AC66U and was considering the AC88U before going to C3150.

I used some browser translator + t-link firmware emulator to perform all the settings I needed so far and I can follow the life until find another alternative, but I'm very frustrated with this.

Hope that TP-Link launch a multi-language firmware like other versions of equipments on the global market.
Options
2018-04-04 01:36:41
Updating the topic:

I opened a ticket on TP-Link JP Support and with an apology for the absence of other languages they sent me a step-by-step procedure to load a firmware that unlocks the router, allowing it to receive firmwares from other countries.

In less than 10 minutes my equipment was running the latest US firmware like a charm :D

For security reasons I prefer not to paste the steps here, but the support of TP-Link JP is very kind and accessible.

Good luck and best regards.
Options
se puder me envie passo a passo pelo email por favor
2018-04-04 23:19:26

neobr wrote

Updating the topic:

I opened a ticket on TP-Link JP Support and with an apology for the absence of other languages they sent me a step-by-step procedure to load a firmware that unlocks the router, allowing it to receive firmwares from other countries.

In less than 10 minutes my equipment was running the latest US firmware like a charm :D

For security reasons I prefer not to paste the steps here, but the support of TP-Link JP is very kind and accessible.

Good luck and best regards.

friend, could you send me the step by step to change the firmware, because my archer c2 has the same hardware of europe but the US firmware has wifi frequency limitation. my email: the-pj@hotmail.com
Options
2018-04-06 00:44:15

thepj wrote

friend, could you send me the step by step to change the firmware, because my archer c2 has the same hardware of europe but the US firmware has wifi frequency limitation. my email: [EMAIL="the-pj@hotmail.com"]the-pj@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]

Sorry but I'm afraid I can't help you.

The process basically consists of loading a "temporary special firmware" into the equipment that after the procedure will accept any other regional firmware BUT the file is specific for the Archer C3150v2 (JP).

I suggest that you contact the TP-Link support where you purchased your router and try to get similar file for the Archer C2.

Best regards.
Options
2018-04-06 11:31:11
I'm curently experiencing the same problem, i'd like to switch my new router from Thai to French.
I used to have an old Asus router (given by the owner of my house) witch was awsome do perform some network tricks. I just wanted a router a little more powerfull to have fun and keep discovering the network "universe" and now i just have a plastic bow that doesn't speak the same language as i do...
I'm not an expert in this domain and i'm seeking help to turn this damn router in french.

Sorry about the english mistakes in my post :S
Options
2018-04-06 23:01:28

Poupy wrote

I'm curently experiencing the same problem, i'd like to switch my new router from Thai to French.
I used to have an old Asus router (given by the owner of my house) witch was awsome do perform some network tricks. I just wanted a router a little more powerfull to have fun and keep discovering the network "universe" and now i just have a plastic bow that doesn't speak the same language as i do...
I'm not an expert in this domain and i'm seeking help to turn this damn router in french.

Sorry about the english mistakes in my post :S

I also was using an "old" Asus router (AC66U) and the improvement in network performance was considerable, but the TP-Link management page is not so good, but it does what it takes.

Do you have an Archer C3150 too? The firmware is not multi-language?

It seems that the equipment sold in Thailand is also "EU" version so everything leads me to believe that you should be able to load the French firmware on this equipment, since the one sold in France is also "EU" version.

TP-Link Thailand (C3150): https://www.tp-link.com/th/download/Archer-C3150.html#Firmware
TP-Link France (C3150): https://www.tp-link.com/fr/download/Archer-C3150.html#Firmware

Have you tried uploading firmware from one to the other?

Best regards.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 812

Replies: 6

Related Articles