w9980 short disconnects, poor uptime

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-28 20:48:47
Model : TD-W9980

Hardware Version : TD-W9980 v1 00000001

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 1.13 v0021.0 Build 160125 Rel.52064n

ISP :

I've had this router for a few years and it has been fine, but lately it will drop for a couple of minutes and then come back (the 3rd light will go off then start blinking until it's solid again), this happens many times a day. I've checked the router uptime and it never gets to even 24 hours. I've phoned BT who ran their tests and said there's no issues with my line. Is this a sign of the router dying? I have the latest firmware, I've turned everything off at the mains, I've put the router on a laptop cooling pad (it was extremely hot, but now it's ice cold), I've got the latest network driver, all my cables are relatively new and good quality/highly reviewed. My speed is fine and stable, it's just my connection that's unstable. I've also noticed ping spikes in League of Legends.

Router log: http://textuploader.com/dzlqj
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 0

Related Articles