Adding a Powerline Edition Wi-Fi Range Extender to an existing AV2000 Powerline adapter kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Adding a Powerline Edition Wi-Fi Range Extender to an existing AV2000 Powerline adapter kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-30 21:08:31
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I have recently purchased and set up a TP-Link AV2000 Powerline adapter kit (TL-PA9020 KIT) and it is working great. I would now like to add a single Powerline Edition Wi-Fi Range Extender to this network in another room that is not receiving good Wi-Fi signal.

Is it possible to (a) purchase a single Powerline Edition Wi-Fi Range Extender unit (rather than the kit) and (b) add such a unit to my existing Powerline network? If so, where can I purchase a stand-alone unit? On the site (and affiliated sites), I only see the kits (2-packs) for sale (e.g., TL-WPA8730 KIT, TL-WPA8630 KIT and TL-WPA4220 KIT). Do the range extenders on the site take advantage of the existing Powerline network, or do they simply act as repeaters for the Wi-Fi signal? I would prefer to piggy-back on the Powerline network setup by the AV2000 kit I installed rather than simply use the existing Wi-Fi signal, since the latter is quite weak in the area where I would like to set up the range extender.

Thanks in advance for any help! Much appreciated.
Options