How to configure VLAN for fiber internet ? (TP-Link W8960N)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-11-05 04:18:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear all,

I would like to configure my TP-Link W8960N for FTTH internet (fiber to the home), where the glass fiber modem is already there. I accumulated many information the last days, from which I conclude that I have to set up my Ethernet-WAN and connect it to VLAN 7 oder VLAN 8. Is this correct?

The first step I've done, but currently I am struggling with the second step of somehow grouping the Ethernet-WAN with VLAN7. In the handbook on page 18 it is written: "To make sure the ETH port [is] available, you should first choose “Advanced Setup” -> “LAN Ports” to enable the Virtual LAN Ports feature. "

However, the LAN ports menu is not visible in the screenshots from the handbook and I also cannot see it in my menu. Maybe I have to use the "Interface Grouping" menu instead ?

I also posted my question in the Telekom-Forum, where I didn't receive a final answer yet and the thread got quiet now, so I hope someone here could help me. There I posted (page 2, post 9/10) also some screenshots of what I have done so far:

https://telekomhilft.telekom.de/t5/Telefonie-Internet/Router-fuer-FTTH-benoetigt-VLAN-7-8/m-p/3563039#M1026155

It would be of great help if someone could give me a tip !
Thanks,
Glasfasler
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 991

Replies: 0

Related Articles