Incompatibility between my TP-LINK TDW8961N and Dlink DAP 1360

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-20 11:29:10

Hello, I am so happy that TP-LINK is providing this space for feedback. 

My name is Omar, and I am from Morocco. I bought a TP-LINK TDW8961N and connected it to my home network. At first all worked fine, but then when I connected my D-LINK DAP 1360 access point to it, the router restarts whenever some device tries to connect the access point. 

That is to say, it works perfectly fine, until someone tries to connect to the access point connected to it. 

What I did to relove the issue:

1- Disable DHCP in the access point and assign a static IP to it within the frame of the TP-LINK router pool.

2- When 1 did not work, I reset both the router and AP.

3- When 2 did not work, I went to the shop and changed the unit. I had a hard time convincing him with the issue, but he changed it when I took the AP and made him see for hmself when the router rebooted upon trying to connect to the AP.

To my astonishment, even 3 did not work. 

Is this some incompatibility? Is there something wrong? If it's an incompatibility, how can I signal it to TP-LINK for a better firmware update?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Incompatibility between my TP-LINK TDW8961N and Dlink DAP 1360
2018-12-21 07:53:57

It could be compatibility issue.

Did you update firmware of your modem?

Tried connect the dlink access point to different ports on the modem?

What would dlink say about it?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options