LAN connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LAN connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
LAN connection
LAN connection
2019-02-10 13:10:02

Have just received my new Archer VR600. Looks great. Used Tether App for setting up, but am experiencing somme issues with LAN. My NAS doesn't work and there's no way to have it connected despiste the router recognizes it is "there".

Only can have the router working through Wi-fi. Trying to setup Ethernet connection through Net app. (am using a Mac with OS System) but every trial fails.

What am I doing wrong. Any suggestion?

Options
5 Reply
Re:LAN connection
2019-02-11 03:27:09

can other devices get internet from the VR600 by wired cable? If they work properly, then the root cause may be the NAS. You can check the IP address of the NAS or contact their tech support to get some specific answer, like any special settings need  to be done on the router itself. 

Options
Re:Re:LAN connection
2019-02-16 18:50:33

Nope. NAS gives some connection problems, but works, as do other switched devices. Main problem is computer to router wired connection

Options
Re:Re:Re:LAN connection
2019-02-19 08:30:14

confused. what do you mean " nope" ? other devices cannot get internet from the router? more detailed info will be better. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:LAN connection
2019-02-19 18:41:56

Sorry about my lack of clear information.

First of all, wrote my first message in English hoping it could reach more people. Don't know whether we're looking fools writing in English being both Spaniards.

NAS gave some difficulties in my first connections, but at last worked properly. Even got my target at changing router: UPnP ports opened and now can reproduce the stored music in my Yamaha receiver.

My LAN is currently composed by a TP-Link Powerline conversor, the NAS, a Zyxel 325-v2, a printer HP, and, last but not least, my computer, a MacBook Pro. Every device works properly but the MacBook.

Digging in the internet have found a post

https://tarah.org/2015/07/03/how-to-set-up-a-tp-link-router-on-applemac/

where the author talks about the difficulties found installing and configurin his router Archer with a Mac mini. Tecnicians at my University have told me about some issues with Macs connecting by cable to Arher routers, but it was kind f a rumor.

TP-Link service gave me some tips, but based on Windows. And not work. After explaining my problem, got no more answers. So, I think i'm about returning the router to Amazon and, despite am very glad with my Poweline connection, recomend not to buy an Archer router if you work with a Mac computer

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:LAN connection
2019-02-20 07:01:02

Weird, all devices work properly except the macbook.

While it is worth doing some troubleshooting on the current issue, cause only the mac failed.

Any specific symptom that shows macbook does not work? like no internet, slow speed or so? 

And how do you connect it to the router? wifi or cable? 

Try to forget the profile and reconnect to it yet? It helped me a lot when I cannot hook up my device to the wifi. https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-286.html 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 799

Replies: 5

Related Articles