5Ghz network stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-22 14:12:46 - last edited 2020-03-31 10:59:50
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0070.0 Build 170719 Rel.63031n

I used to have same SSID for both my 2.4 and 5 Ghz network and let the device choose accordingly which one to connect to.

I noticed then that the 5Ghz network didn't have any hosts connected lately, initially I thought it was just coincidence but then after a few days I decided to give different SSIDs to the networks and seen that the 5Ghz one didn't show up.

I've already tried to unplug the router for a few minutes and factory reset but none of these things worked.

Any suggestions?

Edited:

I've noticed that moving the 5gz antenna, the network goes back and forth. Can it be hardware related?

It's not hardware related because I had it replaced and although 5ghz is on none of my devices detects it.

Solved, it turned out that an object I had near the router was somehow blocking the 5ghz network.

Options
1 Reply
Re:5Ghz network stopped working
2020-03-22 20:50:23 - last edited 2020-03-22 20:53:53

@Luca123

You could try without the antennas screwed into the modem/router, are your devices able to access the WiFi via the router? 

From the product images, I can't tell if the antennas are removeable, if they are, you could attach each antenna and individually test each one?

AC1200 Wireless VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterArcher VR400

• Speedy Wi-Fi – Superb wireless experience with 300Mbps (2.4GHz) + 867Mbps (5GHz) dual band Wi-Fi connections
  • Superior Range – Three fixed antennas provide stable wireless connections and optimal coverage

I had a look at the product description - the antennas are fixed; nevermind...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2201

Replies: 1

Related Articles