How do I configure the DHCP/DNS/IP on my TL-WA860RE?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-27 22:55:36 - last edited 2020-03-28 09:28:00
Model: TL-WA860RE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20170907 Rel. 63218

Hi,

I read through "Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?", but I can't find a way to get to the page to configure the network client (DHCP/DNS/IP)..

I've tried using the TP-Link Tether app on Android and iPad and by going to the IP (192.168.0.254) in a browser, but the options simply say that it's all connected up ... except for the internet.

The router shows that both the 2.4 and 5GHz macs are connected, but neither have been assigned an IP address, despite me adding an IP reservation for the 5GHz one.

The firmware version seems a little old - maybe it just needs to update, but how can I do that without connecting it to the internet (instructions found ... unless there's other answers I'll have a good at that tomorrow)

There is a new firmware available at https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/re360/#Firmware, but it doesn't appear to list this fix - although I understand it's possible that not every fix is listed.

Thanks,

Tim

P.S. Both of the WiFi leds are on solidly, as is the power led.

Screenshot from Tether -

Options
2 Reply
Re:How do I configure the DHCP/DNS/IP on my TL-WA860RE?
2020-03-28 16:13:13 - last edited 2020-03-28 17:35:38

I found the page I was looking for when I connected with a cable and went to tplinkrepeater.net.

I setup this to match what my router is expecting, but it didn't solve the problem.

I then upgraded the firmware to 1.0.2 Build 20171226 Rel 33711(6985) and the problem remains.

I've even tried switching it off and on again :-).

Next up (in the absence of any other suggestions later today) I'll do a reset and start again with the updated firmware and using a wired connection for the config.

Update: reset, restarted config. using a wired connection. Readded static IP, etc. Still no internet.

Later,

Tim

Options
Re:How do I configure the DHCP/DNS/IP on my TL-WA860RE?
2020-04-01 07:01:58

After much experimentation, online chat with TP-Link support and my router support I have reached the conclusion that this extender is either faulty or not compatible with my router and will be returning it to the store for a refund.

I've ordered a replacement extender of a different brand.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2472

Replies: 2

Related Articles