TD-8961N Disconnecting randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-12 17:33:38
Model: AP300  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: FwVer:3.24.13.0_MT7550 HwVer:T14.F7_13.0

my problem is some times the internet its gone i says internet connect without Network and lasts about  1 to 3 min and the interent its coming back i didnt have this problem with my old router never only with this Tp link i buy like a mounth i the problem still its very annoying when im doing something or playin online games and the internet disconnecting i speak with the ISP and they say its Router problem because the Router work fine for me but i change it because TP link have good range wifi for my house and im using cable for my pc and devices same problem disconnecting  please need a fix for this

Options
1 Reply
Re:TD-8961N Disconnecting randomly
2020-07-11 19:18:45

@Kenpachi Yes, this is an issue with this router. I too have the same issue. While i connect DLINK 2750U - Internet works just fine without any disconnection. The moment i connect 8961N, every few seconds it starts disconnecting. Infact i got the whole wiring from MTNL also replaced, still the issue persists. After so much of research and tweaking around i suspect this to be coz of "Echo Request Response" which needs to be set to 30. TP-LINK router doesnt have this setting, while the d-link has this setting. This setting is needed to get a response from ISP, if it doesnt get the response at the interval which is specified, it breaks. I suspect TP-LINK has internally defined this to be @ 5 and not 30, I still trying to check with support on this.

This hopefully should resolve the issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 922

Replies: 1

Related Articles