Cannot delete old drivers to install new one

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-15 17:31:12
Model: Archer T4U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am trying to install the latest driver for the T4U Adapter, which I have downloaded from the support site. When I try to install it, it says I need to uninstall the old drivers first. From the Device Manager I can uninstall the T4U but there is no option to delete the old drivers when I do this. The new one will not install because the old ones are still there. Any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot delete old drivers to install new one
2020-04-17 12:35:20
Hi, there was no option given to uninstall the old driver. Sometimes when you uninstall a device it offers the option to uninstall the old drivers with it, but device manager does not provide this option. So there is no error, just not any way of uninstalling the driver.
Options
Re:Cannot delete old drivers to install new one
2020-04-21 07:36:19

@kflem1 

Yes, i have tried this several times. The adapter uninstalls but the driver remains. No option shows up to uninstall the driver along with the adapter. When i try to intall the new driver after uninstalling the adapter, I get the message that i need to uninstall the old driver first. It seems also that windows 10 has installed its own driver from Microsoft over the original driver. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 2067

Replies: 6

Related Articles