WIFI - continual drop out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-25 01:19:32 - last edited 2020-04-25 02:02:07
Model: Archer VR900  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.4.0 0.9.1 v0069.0 Build 171128 Rel.42667n

Hi

I've seen a number of threads on similar topic, but can't find a definitive answer.

I have just purchased the Archer VR900 to use with TPG (as the ISP) NBN FTTN.  Set up was fine, but have been experiencing constant WIFI network disappearance.  The wifi connection will be lost and is not listed on any device (laptop, IPHONE etc), however I can see the neighbours wifi networks fine.  The only way I can resolve is to reboot the modem each time (power off and on switch) .  This is happening 10 times + a day.

I have been through tech support, with no success on standard troubleshooting.  Some further comments

• The device is near the modem.  It disapears from every device in the house
  • I have tried changing channel from auto (used 1, 6 and 11) and also reduced the Mhz setting to 20 etc
  • NBN internet is stable.  I have wired apple TV to the modem and streamed Netflix fine (even with WIFI down)
  • Firmware is upto date

I have only had the device a couple of days, but already considering returning for a refund and try a different brand.  In its current  state the WIFI is unusable

Previously i had ASDL through TPG using a Netgear D6220 modem whihc had no wifi issues.  Unfortunately I can't configure the modem to the NBN service

Any assistance would be appreciated including links to relevent solutions 

Thanks in advance

J2T

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 0

Related Articles