Deco Android application startup screen

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-15 07:20:46 - last edited 2020-05-15 07:22:17
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hello everybody. I've just installed a set of Deco M5 (two-pair) in my house, as follows:

The main router (TP-Link AC2300) is connected to the provider device (in which goes the fiber optic cable), I have disabled its WiFi, and connected via Ethernet the main Deco M5. Another Deco M5 unit will also be connected to the main router via Ethernet, but later, after I get the wall mount for it, so for now I have only one unit.

Everything works fine, I updated the firmware last night, and all day I've been running speed tests and checking the signal strength. Just once I noticed a drop in the connection, 10mbps down and 1.6mbps up, but the second test was ok.

The main connection (fiber optic) is 1Gbps down and 500Mbps up, so it's plenty of room to test.

The issue is that when I open the Deco application (android), the first screen is either "Phone of tablet is offline" - I tap on Retry and after 1-2 seconds it shows everything just fine, or that a Deco is offline, I tap on Retry and it works fine after that. From 10 app startups, 3 or 4 are one of these.

Is that a bad splash screen in the application or is there a problem with the unit? The WiFi seems to be working fine, even on the phone itself.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 482

Replies: 0

Related Articles