Wireless and Wired DL speed seemingly throttled to 20mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-05 19:41:24
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

My ISP is one of those with the Ethernet cable wall socket and a router that can't be touched. I have been experiencing problems with my network on my PlayStation and their advice was to give me control of my own ports and tell me to buy my own router.

So today I received my Archer C50 and I connected everything up, did a speed test on Wi-Fi and got 19.X mbps DL speed on 2 devices. I generally get ~100mbps. I spoke to a friend of mine who is using the same ISP and has also replaced his ISP router and he did a speed test with his setup and he was getting ~50mbps. I did the Speedtest wired I also got 19.Xmbps. I used a variety of different Ethernet cables and still got 19.X mbps DL speed. I reverted my setup back to the old router and got ~50mbps. 

Finally and quite importantly I believe, I tried a different router, a netgear router (not wireless), fresh out of the box and this also gave me ~50mbps. So that says to me there is something specific about this Archer C50 router that's seemingly throttling my Internet.

For completeness my UL speed is steady ~80mbps with all setups, I generally see about ~100mbps.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm living in the UK if that makes any difference. 

Regards,

Vic

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless and Wired DL speed seemingly throttled to 20mbps
2020-06-05 20:26:44
After some research I think this may be because of the 100mbps WAN port. Can anybody confirm?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 1

Related Articles