Deco M9+ does NOT go well with HK Citation One Duo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-08 20:28:23
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Just posting a small heads-up after 2 weeks of frustration : The Harman Kardon Citation One speakers don't work well when use in group or in speaker pair combined with a Deco M9Plus. Tried all possible configurations, the sound will always end-up crackled. Probably due to the sync-signal between the speakers in conflict with the wifi mesh signal. Though not confirmed, I suspect the entire Citation line will have this issue. I don't have the issue with other routers (old or new) so I wonder what the kind of implementation tp-link cooked up that could cause this.

Contacted both support departments, who are aware of the issue but blame the other party with vague accusations. They don't have a solution available and I don't see a lot of signs they are willing to find & fix the root cause. Even worse, they are not willing to warn potential buyers that the products are not compatible. While the HK remains friendly, TP-Link support was outright rude (stating amongst others it is up to the customer to figure out it products are not compatible!). For a premium product, I expect premium service. Did feel I was getting this. Hence I decided to move to Ubiquiti Unify - no issues, more control, more flexibility... 

Options
13 Reply
Re:Deco M9+ does NOT go well with HK Citation One Duo
2020-06-09 09:36:00
Sorry to hear that your call and email interactions with our Support Team previously are less than satisfactory. Please go to Advanced and turn off the Fast Roaming and see if it make a difference.
Options
2020-06-09 11:48:32

@Fandel ,that has worked for my connections to my Foscam camera's, but obvoiulsy is not ideal (as i want to use fast roaming to roam through the house, purpose of the TP-Link setup). Can we not add fast roaming option to the Guest Network, so i can just disable it for the guest network.. ?

Options
2020-07-29 08:43:51

@LDE  same issues here

Options
2020-09-24 06:42:45

@mijnham Same issue here. The response of the support desk is:

"We are aware of the problem and our main office is testing out where the problem comes from to make a firmware release that solves this problem. When the firmware will be released and when the problem will be solved is unclear at the moment. ​We are aware of the problem and our main office is testing out where the problem comes from to make a firmware release that solves this problem. When the firmware will be released and when the problem will be solved is unclear at the moment."

And that is apparently the default answer since I saw that reply in several other threads going months back. TP-link, just fix it please!

Options
2020-10-04 08:40:48

I also tried everything. HK had no solution also.

mijnham wrote

Just posting a small heads-up after 2 weeks of frustration : The Harman Kardon Citation One speakers don't work well when use in group or in speaker pair combined with a Deco M9Plus. Tried all possible configurations, the sound will always end-up crackled. Probably due to the sync-signal between the speakers in conflict with the wifi mesh signal. Though not confirmed, I suspect the entire Citation line will have this issue. I don't have the issue with other routers (old or new) so I wonder what the kind of implementation tp-link cooked up that could cause this.

Contacted both support departments, who are aware of the issue but blame the other party with vague accusations. They don't have a solution available and I don't see a lot of signs they are willing to find & fix the root cause. Even worse, they are not willing to warn potential buyers that the products are not compatible. While the HK remains friendly, TP-Link support was outright rude (stating amongst others it is up to the customer to figure out it products are not compatible!). For a premium product, I expect premium service. Did feel I was getting this. Hence I decided to move to Ubiquiti Unify - no issues, more control, more flexibility... 

Please is there something we can do about the issue????

Options
2020-10-15 18:10:27
Still no reply????. There was a new software update a couple of days ago but there was still no solution for our complaines. Please do something about it!!!????
Options
2020-10-15 18:12:58
Pleeeaaaassseeee !!!!
Options
2020-10-15 19:06:22

Can't really help or test anymore, but everything is running smooth with Ubiquiti Unifi - though that brand is not suitable for the average user. ;-)

Options
2020-10-24 08:13:05

Same problem here. Just bought a HK Multibeam 700 and a HK Citation One and installed it on my TP Link M9 Plus network. When I use them separately there's no problem, but when I create a speaker group in Google Home, the Citation One begins to crack. Spoke a employee for HK at our local MediaMarkt, had some tips but none of them worked so far. 

What I tried:

- install the speakers with 2.4 and 5.0 activated

- install the speakers when only 2.4 activated 

- install the speakers when only 5.0 activated 

- turned off fast roaming

Other settings:

- VLAN off

- IPTV off

- Clone Mac off

- TPLink DDNS off

- SIP ALG on

- Beamforming on

- Modus: Router

Replaced the whole system for a Sonos setup, but would prefer to use Harman Kardon.

Would love to hear the solution.

Kind regards

Options
2020-10-25 09:40:27

@mijnham  Me to

Options