TL-WR740N Trouble Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WR740N Trouble Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
58 Reply
Re:TL-WR740N Trouble Wifi
2014-02-01 20:56:11

eddyi wrote

i experienced the same issue , you dont have to restart the whole router , just disconnect when it shows limited connectivity , i resolved the issue of restarting by changing the firmware to openwrt no more restarts very stable .

you can read bout it hear use google chrome so that it can translate it automatically

http://www.ip6.ro/openwrt/tp-link-wr740n-barrier-breaker/

or download the firmware from

http://www.ip6.ro/firmware/wr740n/

Hello, thanks for linking to my (previous) site, i have updated information and firmware for tp-link wr740n v2.x and v4.x at the following page:
http://www.superwrt.eu/firmware/tp-link-wr740n/
Options
I have got this strange same problem with TP LINK wr740n
2014-02-14 18:41:27
Hi!

I have found clearly about this problem.

I can make this TP LINK wr740n die ( mean no device can connect to the wify of modem) . Here 's my way:

My HTC phone connect success to the wify TP LINK, then I move away from the range of the wify. Yes, It lost the connection of the wify. I move closer to the modem TP LINK , the wify is strong but cannot access to the internet. The strange is It's made the modem die, no device can access to the wify ( PC , laptop, other phone , ... ) . I have to reset the modem, then it work fine again.

I have updated the lasted firmware but the problem still exist. If my HTC phone connect to the wify, and move away from the range of wify, then the modem will die . ( Must to reset the modem if you want it work back ).

I dont know the problem is from the HTC phone or the modem. You can try it and help me to resolve this problem.

Thank you.
Options
2014-05-14 12:14:57
Dear All,

Please help me, my router TL-WR740N cannot get internet access.
I do setup with easy setup assistance failed with information " please check WAN port"
I do checking status WAN port, i found IP address, default gateway address all blank (0.0.0.0).
I do re-setup manual, but this time i clone my PC Mac address. this time i can get connection.
When i shutdown and restart again the router wifi , it happen again.
I using Dynamic IP for my line connection (from internet provider ).

Please help to solve my issue and guidance.

Thanks
Win
Options
2014-06-26 13:57:16
Did you try uploading the new firmware posted on:
http://www.tp-link.in/support/download/?model=TL-WR740N&version=V4

I have just flashed this firmware.
Let's see if it does the job.
Options
Router not working after DD-WRT firmware upgrade
2014-09-10 02:06:15
Hi. I downloaded the factorytodd-wrt.bin file for my router... after upgrading the firmware I am not able to access the home page of tplink router at all..

Nothing works. Not even reset.

Is my router dead? The reason I tried upgrading the firmware was that my router had become faulty and gave me only 10 mbps whereas a direct connection gave the correct 20 Mbps bandwidth as standard by my service provider.

Official TP link firmware upgrades did not solve the issue and when I tried the DD-wrt router firmware it appears to gave gone dead.

Can somebody help me with this please.

Thanks
Options
ADSL mode configuration???
2014-09-21 01:08:40
I want to change my adsl mode configuration into g.dmt or something like that. The problem is I cant find the adsl setting tab when i open 192.168.1.1. So how can I change the adsl mode with this router model =.=
Options
ADSL mode configuration???
2014-09-21 01:10:55
I want to change adsl mode into g.dmt. But I cant find the adsl tab when I go to 192.168.1.1. So how can i change the adsl setting =.=
Options
2014-09-21 16:02:29
WR740N is not ADSL router, doesn't support phone line.
Options
Related Articles