Range extender compatible with Sky Q?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-07 10:20:52
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I currently use an N300/TL-WA850RE range extender with a Sky Broadband router. This has worked fine, and I get good coverage throughout the house using this method.

I've just upgraded to Sky Q, so will soon receive both a Sky Q Hub for fibre broadband, and a Sky Q TV box.

I have read about issues with the Sky Q TV box and various extenders and other mesh devices. I just wondered if I will run into any issues? We don't have any additional Sky Mini boxes or anything like that, literally just the router, the new Q box, and the TP Link extender upstairs to cover the black spots.

Anyone in a similar position? I've read mixed things and it would be nice for some clarity. If so, I'll have to see about ordering a Sky Q Broadband Hub or something, as I hear they play nicer with Sky's own products.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range extender compatible with Sky Q?
2020-10-08 08:57:47

@RCas91 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Normally, the extender would work fine with the Sky Q hub router, and since you already had the extender, maybe you could have a try and feel free to update here with any issues.

But we did get several feedbacks about Sky Q TV box occasionally, if you are not in a hurry, our engineers would come back tomorrow from national holiday and I could have a further check with them.

And if anyone in a similar position, we would be very appreciated to get more details.

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 3247

Replies: 1

Related Articles