Two routers vs Deco Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Two routers vs Deco Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Two routers vs Deco Mesh
Two routers vs Deco Mesh
2020-10-17 14:32:45

Hello,

I have a question please. I currently have 3x Deco M4s in my two floor house, I like that they are all configured using a simple app but on the other hand I hate the fact that the configuration is simple to an extent that it does not allow channel selection, ping from outside for troubleshooting, custom firewall rules, etc. The main issue with the Decos though is that I have latency, packet loss and other issues described in the deco forum https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/171562?replyId=502342&utm_source=Subscription&utm_medium=email 

Im thinking about about getting two routers, each for one floor. One Archer AX20 as the main router on the ground floor connected to my ISP and one Archer AX10 in access point  mode on the first floor connected to the primary by ethernet.

Is this a good idea? would I be loosing something? 

Thanks 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 0

Related Articles