Archer C6 as Access Point showing an exclamation mark

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 as Access Point showing an exclamation mark

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Archer C6 as Access Point showing an exclamation mark
2020-10-28 15:15:03

@loll80 

Ok so the above seemed to be the WAN settings and not the LAN settings. I've changed the LAN settings and the internet is working fine again, however, even though the internet seems to be working fine, I'm now getting a cross "X" rather than an exclamation mark + it's also saying the WAN port is unplugged. Please see below:

This is now extremely confusing!! Any ideas what's going on?

Options
Re:Archer C6 as Access Point showing an exclamation mark
2020-10-28 16:33:53 - last edited 2020-11-16 04:53:39

That leads us to the initial issue again - there's no internet access to the Archer C6 device itself (although its clients have an internet access). I can see that you are not getting any IP address for the WAN port (dynamically). This is because you are not using the WAN port of the Archer C6 with this configuration.

Revert your configuration to the initial one - Operation mode - Access point - that should be the proper configuration in your case.

The exclamation mark means "Poor network":

So by clicking on the Internet icon (globe) you should observe the screenshot like the above (This is valid for Router mode operation only).

In case of Access point operation mode the globe icon is named Network and there are the parameters for C6 LAN only:

But the meaning of the exclamation mark should be the same. Further, you can check/change your ethernet cable between C6 and the main router.

If that still doesn't help you can proceed with troubleshooting the issue with your ISP - here's a reference.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options