TP-link password error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-link password error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-link password error
TP-link password error
2020-10-30 09:24:18 - last edited 2020-11-06 10:55:02
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I have set up the router but my devices will not recognise the 8 digit numeric PIN/password on the device. I managed to connect my laptop using the WIP button but my mobile phones cannot connect. I get error message "incorrect password" 

any ideas ?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-link password error-Solution
2020-11-06 10:54:19 - last edited 2020-11-06 10:55:02

@dms1 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Once the laptop is connected via WPS, please try to refer to this link to log into the 6400:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2838/

then please go to basic>wireless to check what the wireless password is.

Thank you very much.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-link password error-Solution
2020-11-06 10:54:19 - last edited 2020-11-06 10:55:02

@dms1 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Once the laptop is connected via WPS, please try to refer to this link to log into the 6400:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2838/

then please go to basic>wireless to check what the wireless password is.

Thank you very much.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 807

Replies: 1

Related Articles