Sitcky WiFi - band steering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-10 09:47:40
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi folks,

I don't know if this issue is because of my recent firmware upgrade on the TP-Link Archer C7 or not; I have this annying sticky WiFi issue.

So I had a D-Link router before as my main router and I had my C7 in AP mode, I thought because of btoh devices being from different vendors, maybe they are not friendly talking to each other. So I went and bought myself an RE450 from Tp-Link. The set up I have now is that my C7 is downstairs as my main router, and I have the RE450 in AP (wired) mode upstairs. 

When I set it up the first time, and tried going upstairs and downstairs, the phone would automatically swtich to the stronger signal. It's important to note here I have both bands in both the C7 and the RE450 with the same SSID. I recently upgraded my firmware on my C7 as the Tether app pointed it out to me. Now I have this sticky WiFi issue, that I used to have with my previous set up i.e. if the device is connected to the RE450, and I go downstairs, it keeps on clinging to the weaker 2.4G signal even though there's a more stronger 2.4G and even 5G signal available with the router, and vice versa.

Can someone help me out here? I even set up the bands on the two devices in non-overlapping channels (1 and 11), still the same issue. I really don't want to reduce the power, because that would mean lowering my speeds as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 199

Replies: 0

Related Articles