Changed router password - Now can no longer login with new password or old password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Changed router password - Now can no longer login with new password or old password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-25 12:19:53
Model: Archer VR900  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I recently changed the router password on my Archer VR900 router, since I have changed it though I am now no longer able to login with either the new password or old password. I really do not want to have to factory reset the router as this is being used within a business environment so won't to avoid any down times.

The router is working normally with no issues just I am unable to access the router configuration settings, why does this happen? Is there anyway I can access the router settings without having to reset router password back to default without factory reset?

Cheers

Harrison

Options
3 Reply
Re:Changed router password - Now can no longer login with new password or old password
2020-11-25 13:07:16
You may have done that with Caps Lock button ON, while changing the password. Try to reproduce that and see if you can log in again with Caps Lock ON (presuming you don't have any additional alphabet configured on your PC).
If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Changed router password - Now can no longer login with new password or old password
2020-11-25 16:24:16

@Ivaylo No still nothing even when trying with caps lock on. It seems to be an issue that happens a lot as when configuring the router on initial setup when I tried to enter a new password on setup this issue would occur, it seems that the router doesn't allow you to change the password without it having an issue. 

Looks like a full factory reset will have to be done out of hours if we wish to reconfigure any settings within the router :(

Options
2020-11-25 18:12:59 - last edited 2020-11-25 18:13:28

Well, since that doesn't help, then a reset outside working hours would do, but this time be careful setting the password.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 702

Replies: 3

Related Articles