Archer c6 speed problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 speed problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer c6 speed problems
Archer c6 speed problems
2021-01-26 16:06:15 - last edited 2021-01-27 05:39:20
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 p1

Trying to use a archer p6 in ap mode but can't get more than 0.5 mbs download speed although upload will run to 3.5mbs. I have two other access points on my network which easily give 20mbs and 75mbs on 2.5  and 5 bands respectively.

I have over 50 devices on my home network in a combination of wired and wireless links. Only this device gives me grief.

Have tried all the usual suspects, swapped leads, swapped hardware, downloaded latest firmware, included latest beta, changed settings till I am blue in the face. Makes no difference.

Is this just a rubbish design and should I give up and buy something better, or  do you actually have an idea why so many people have similar problems and have a program to resolve the problems.

It's not like I am some novice. I have 45 years experience in computing in r&d and consulting on major technological fields.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer c6 speed problems
2021-02-04 14:29:14

@Bobking 

The topology - use the blue/Internet port of C6 for an uplink to your main router.

Try these wireless settings and see if any difference:

For the 2.4 GHz band do the same but Mode: 802.11n only (assuming you don't have devices on wireless-G standard)

The other setting you should check is :

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 584

Replies: 1

Related Articles