why only one deco?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

why only one deco?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
why only one deco?
why only one deco?
2021-02-04 12:57:30
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hi,

a bit confused, what's the point in getting a single pack deco m5 if it needs to be hardwired to the house ISP modem/router anyhow?

does it provide superior range than an average modem/router or does if provide better security/parental control etc?

i understand obv. getting a second deco and placing it elsewhere in the house can be very beneficial.

thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:why only one deco?
2021-02-04 16:51:44

@jamieman5 

TP-Link positions single M5 as addition to existent Deco mesh. "Add-on unit" is what written on the box. This is exactly my scenario: I have found that I need one more Deco unit for my home, so bought one M5 in addition to two M9 I have.

Options
Re:why only one deco?
2021-02-04 16:54:30

In my case I always had my own router (mesh or non-mesh) plugged in by network cable to the ISP router in bridge mode, so that my router acts as router and not AP (my router provides the IPs) and with the ISP router wifi disabled. This gives much more control of my network and I have a wifi network that is "fixed", I can switch ISP easily because my wifi will never change and I do not need to update any home device, unless I really want to.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 688

Replies: 2

Related Articles