Deco X60 Ethernet Ports: should they work as a switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-26 10:38:39
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Deco X60 (AX3000) set of 3 similar units, but the Ethernet ports of none of them work for connecting wired devices. Should they? The manual is very unclear about this. I have the first port of the 'main' unit connected to the Internet modem, and WiFi is present in the whole house from street level to the attic. However, I connected an IP cam to one of the Ethernet ports and a solar system converter to another port, but none of these connects to the internet. So, what use are these ports? 

BTW I have no idea where to find the hardware and firmware version of my Deco X60. The Deco App does not tell me. 

Pierre

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco X60 Ethernet Ports: should they work as a switch?
2021-02-26 14:05:53 - last edited 2021-02-26 16:12:45

I have a Deco X60 (AX3000) set of 3 similar units, but the Ethernet ports of none of them work for connecting wired devices. Should they?

@PierreGielen 

Yes, they should.

I have no idea where to find the hardware and firmware version of my Deco X60. The Deco App does not tell me. 

In Deco app, open More/Update Deco and you'll see current firmware versions for your Deco units. Here is an example for my Deco M9 and M5:

Options
2021-02-26 14:28:15 - last edited 2021-02-26 14:37:07

@Alexandre. Thanks, mine says the Firmware version is 1.0.5 Build 20201013 Rel. 64247.

About the hardware version: on the bottom of the unit it says it is V2.0.

Should I activate the use of the Ethernet ports on my Deco units somehow or could they be faulty (on all 3 units at once? can't believe that). Or can they only work in AP mode?

Options
2021-02-26 14:48:05

@PierreGielen 

Yes, your hardware is V2.

There is no "activation." Have you tried each of two ports, just in case? Generally speaking, these Ethernet ports should work in AP mode and in Router mode, one of the nice features of Deco mesh.

Also, do you have something more troubleshooting friendly to connect to X60 Ethernet port, such as laptop or desktop? 

Options
2021-02-26 15:46:15
I just saw that I had a blocked user with the not very trustworthy name "<^#^0^=^". I removed the blockage in the Deco app and it took a few minutes, but now I can see the solar power data coming in again. So that problem is solved. Now I still have to find a way to get my Foscam IP camera to work like it should.
Options
2021-02-26 16:15:31

@PierreGielen 

Check if perhaps you have configured your Foscam camera with static IP address, before you had Deco, or if you have anything else configured in Foscam camera with IP addresses that do not belong to your current Deco provided IP range.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1241

Replies: 5

Related Articles